Here are the steps to the home buying process:
- Choose your agent! Hint, hint: The MacDonald Team!
- Get pre-approval for a loan. You can actually do this before selecting your agent, but if you need a referral, your real estate agent should have some good ones.
- Your home search begins! And, the fun starts!
- Submit an offer on a home. Be prepared for possible negotiating.
- Your offer is accepted. Hold on! Patience grasshopper, it’s not over yet!
- Provide your agent with an earnest money deposit.
- Your agent helps you schedule an inspection & an appraisal.
- Commit to your mortgage & start preparing for your move.
- Attend the closing. Usually 30-45 days after offer acceptance.
- Move into your new home! PHEW! You made it!